Weekly Reflection - wk 11

As I was reading some of my fellow course mates blogs, I came across Chai Hung's blog on the advantages vs disadvantages of ICT. This reminded me of the scenario at work when there's no internet connection or when the interactive whiteboard (IWB) decide to go on strike!! Are we too dependent on technology? Well, as for me, I can live without the computer or internet (unless when assignments are due soon, then I'll probably freak out if there's no internet connection!!) but bot without my mobile phone!! As a mother of four, that's the most crucial technology that I must have all the time and wherever I am.
As stated by Tom Chatfield in his article When Smart is not so Smart, "Are we becoming too reliant on technology and what happens if it is suddenly taken away from us?"
This is definitely something for us to think about!!.

                                   Clip Art Image                                       
source: All free original clipart. Retrieved from http://www.clipart-graphics.net/animations/computers/comp25.html


Reference: Chatfield, T., (2013). When smart is not so smart. BBC Future. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130201-when-smart-is-not-so-smart/all

No comments:

Post a Comment